A tag and a confession!


A very thoughtful surprise on Monday morn... Tagged by one of the bloggers I treasure Kochuthresiamma.

Feelings: Intoxicated ‘n excited, cause now I know what the Oscar winners feel when their names are announced...he he he ;-). Humbled, cause I have only begun blogging. Appreciated ‘n a vi bit motivated to say the least.

Now for the catch that comes with the award. A fore warning!!

“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”

With that out of the way, here I begin..

  1. The reason I began this blog was, cause I thought/ know that I have lots of stories of people or my so called real life angels, who have touched me in some way. (And since I no longer dwell/ traverse among them, I was a little worried that I would slowly forget them.) Especially the ones who moved to somewhere special. If only writing about them would make them immortal. Now, am not so sure if I will be able to do justice either.
  2. By far one of my biggest fear is that I may not remember the sound of my dad’s voice, the way his hand looked, how his skin felt, his smell, his very peculiar sneeze, how his little finger felt when I held it, our little walks to the ‘tattu kada * aunty who sold ‘vadas and mulaga baggis’*. Just writing this piece down makes me wana cry and there is this huge thing stuck at my throat.
  3. I believe in ‘soul mates’ and I have found my personal angel and my soul mate in one.
  4. If you have heard that faith can move mountains, I say IT DOES. Faith, has helped me move and traverse through unbelievable place, among people outcast, when being there, has only brought fear to me and the people who love me. Yet once those barriers broke, there was no fear and no going back. And I have seen ‘change’ in the process and in the making. (Yep, I know thats the new catch word with the Obama Admin and ofcourse politicians world over.)
  5. If I hadn’t met my ‘kettiyon’*, I might have sent one sane man to the asylum ;)
  6. I have a tremendous sense of belief/ intuition and I have the courage to stick by it even when things around me are falling apart. Getting there has always been soo hard, that I have wondered if I was making the right choice. But, it always does turn out right.
  7. I was a self confessed feminist (ok, ofcourse not the extreme- radical). Somehow, right now, things seem a little different. I still believe that I am one, but being in a relationship, I understand the nuances and the dynamics much more. Following which there has been a few changes in my views/takes. (‘Kettiyon’* should be all thrilled. Hah! I can see his wicked smile) Btw, kettiyon is a fulltoo ‘ achayan’*;) . Now for those of you who know an achayan, you know how much I must have been badgered (dishom* Pishom*adie* idie* thoyi*) He he ;)
  8. After the hullabullo and the pre marriage issues, I believe that I have very successfully managed to ‘mani adichu ammayi ammeye kayil eduthu’ * Literally have my mom in law eating out of my hands ( Just hope she doesn’t read this ;)
  9. I’am a home maker (for want of a better term) and I can’t for the life of me believe (neither can anyone who know me) that I'm very comfortable, happy and have settled very well into my new found profession. Everyone including me thought that I would be this ultimate career woman, taking the development field by storm, which, believe me, I managed to do in a span of just a few years in the arena.
  10. I love life and believe in living it to the fullest. I believe that all that matters is the attitude. And faith, love, family ‘n friends keeps us going. I can laugh with all my heart until I have tears in my eyes and I can cry at the drop of a hat.... people, books, movies, anything. And when you live, 'Live Life King Ishtyle'! (that’s the new achaythi attitude, thanks to kettiyon)

Matlab/ meaning/ artham:

tattu kada * - a small roadside shop, that functions out of a four wheeled table sort of thing.

vadas and mulaga baggis* - a snack made from lentils and hot chillies; mostly deep fried.

kettiyon* - Hubby darling

achayan*- atypical Malayalee Syrian Christian man who owns a some*(left to interpetations) land; a little spoilt and by far a self confessed chauvinist, who has very clear ideas of the gender roles or so to say. ;)

Dishom* Pishom*adie* idie* thoyi* - unavoidable sounds which comes with the fight sequence; courtesy our Indian movies

Hey people, (mallus fraud ‘n true likewise) you are welcome to tweak the definitions.

Now for my fellow bloggers, to whom I award the ‘Honest Scrap Award’-

And the award goes to...... Attribution, CJ, Doc, Narial Chutney, Neers , Preetha Nair and Purple pitara..... for making me laugh, for making me cry, for taking me places and for showing me a little bit of your world. I trurly enjoy reading your posts.

A 'thousand apologies' and happy introspection!

Comments

  1. Fellow Kochthresiamma victim here! So congrats!Keep Blogging! :)

    'kkkoooyyeeee' to kettiyon! Njaanum Achayan aanu! eh hee hee.
    'Live life Kingsize' is appreciated. But since you're married to one of my kind then this word also helps you go a long way. "CHEERS!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i read.."If you have heard that faith can move mountains, I say IT DOES"...aah..i thought cmon..that was like a tag line for a bragging IT firm..;-D

    btw enjoyed reading the tag..and esp coz the malayalam words which was dispersed in the entire tag..and the post scripts translating some of them..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey really enjoyed this post.All the Mallu terminology though totally unfamiliar gave it a lovely local flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for the "lovely" tag.It was nice reading your introspection and I need to introspect a lot to take this tiny miny award. Will surely take it up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To begin with...apologies for not getting back sooner. Got caught with studies and kettiyon... *oh enna parayana*...(now what shall i say)

    @Dphatsez, Thanks! Cheers began on our first day at the Taravadu... with uncles, aunties and kettiyon's grandmom who had a brezzer in hand (guess she she dint want to shock me on day one). Now that was a very cheerful start and its a long way I know.

    @Mathew - Ooo I just about missed a carrer in the advertising. Only if I had the good sense to sell this line...;-)Thanks anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chrysalis- Thank you, hope the translations helped.
    @NariayChutney - Thanks and all the best. Can't wait to read your wit.
    @ Hope and Love - You are welcome and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things that you talk of are so true to me also....I have a tremendous sense of belief/ intuition and I have the courage to stick by it even when things around me are falling apart. Getting there has always been soo hard, that I have wondered if I was making the right choice. But, it always does turn out right....Enjoyed the post, complete with its Mallu language...the translations helped...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Poona., Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  9. u seem an interesting person.
    'has helped me move and traverse through unbelievable place, among people outcast'
    - was wondering if u could write more about this.Kutty one such case?
    enjoyed reading the post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ KT - Yep Kutty was one of the so called angels I met.
    Thank you KT, you do have a way with encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bell Bajao! Ring The Bell!

infinity ‘n stars..............’n i

Kutty boy and his ‘amma’!